For decades, diamond plate has been a default safety plate for many designers. Today’s applications have shown this material to be inadequate in creating productive work environments. Once the raised pattern becomes wet, it could become hazardous.
Customers are able to ship previously purchased diamond plate to SLIPNOT for coating, although SLIPNOT prefers to apply its coating to smooth floor plate due to superior performance and longevity. SLIPNOT does not supply or recommend using diamond plate, but offers this option for customers when replacement is not an option.
An excellent alternative to diamond plate is SLIPNOT slip resistant aluminum plates which are ideal for lightweight applications where corrosion resistance and durability are required. SLIPNOT’s high traction aluminum surface is three times harder than the substrate, making it economical based on its long lasting characteristics. SLIPNOT aluminum plates can be coated with a non-slip steel, stainless steel, or aluminum surface, giving it greater versatility. The plates can meet specific specifications by being cut-to-size or fabricated into products such as stair treads or nosings.
SLIPNOT aluminum plate applications consist of the following:
- Vault covers
- Trench covers
- Stair treads and nosings
- Marine docks
- Door thresholds
- Bridge decking
Advantages of SLIPNOT aluminum plates:
- Easily installed on project sites
- Solid surface provides maximum traction area
- Can retrofit over existing structures
- Flexibility of design and many fabrication options
- Continually meets coefficient of friction (COF) minimum requirements throughout life of product
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Naturally aesthetically pleasing
- Does not absorb bacteria sustaining particles
- Can be recycled, making it an environmentally friendly material
Make an investment today by choosing SlipNOT® aluminum plates which surpass ADA and OSHA recommendations for slip resistance. SLIPNOT safety flooring products remain slip resistant long after inferior products have worn or flaked off. Learn more about SLIPNOT aluminum plates.