SLIPNOT offers completely customizable metal steps to fit any industry or application. SLIPNOT non-slip stair treads exceed all slip resistant recommendations set by OSHA (OSHA Standard 1910.24F), ADA, ANSI, ASTM, and NFPA. To identify the correct product for your application, please follow the guide below.
Determine the base material and metal coating:
SLIPNOT stair treads are available in steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Aluminum metal steps with the SLIPNOT aluminum coating are used when a lightweight, yet corrosion resistant material is required.
- Please note: aluminum products are also available with a steel or stainless steel coating applied. Providing the lightweight properties of aluminum, with the durability of steel, or chemical/corrosion resistance of stainless steel.
- To order: specify you would like steel on aluminum, stainless on aluminum, or aluminum on aluminum.
- Steel metal steps with the SLIPNOT steel coating are utilized in heavy traffic environments and industrial settings where durability is the main concern.
- If rust is a concern, SLIPNOT steel products can be hot dipped galvanized.
- Stainless steel non slip stair treads with the SLIPNOT stainless steel coating are ideal for the food processing industry due to the hygienic and corrosion resistant properties. Also commonly used in commercial/recreational projects due to its aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Choose a style:
SLIPNOT metal steps are available in plate, grating, perforated plate, and flattened expanded metal.
- Plate metal steps are often built into new construction but can be used to retrofit over existing slippery stairs. SLIPNOT plate stair treads provide a non slip solid stepping surface and can be formed with a riser, a nosing, a riser and nosing, or as a channel.
- Grating stair treads can be formed using any style of grating; from ADA spacing to general industrial spacing. These non-slip stair treads are utilized when drainage is necessary, and are generally installed into new construction. They can be provided with standard end plates.
- Expanded metal stair treads are used to retrofit over existing slippery stair treads. These non-slip stair treads can be fabricated to fit over custom shapes and sizes, and can be easily tack welded or bolted into place. Expanded metal non-slip stair treads are very cost effective for fixing problem areas without having to completely replace the existing stair.
- Perforated plate metal steps are available with a variety of hole sizes and spacing options. These non-slip stair treads combine the stability of plate with the drainage benefits of grating. Perforated non-slip stair treads can retrofit over existing slippery stairs but are generally used in new construction.
Determine specifications/installation & fabrication:
- SLIPNOT stair treads can be provided with counter sunk holes for bolting, end plates that can be welded directly to stringers, or treads that can be welded to current treads.
- SLIPNOT metal steps are customized to customer specified dimensions.