SLIPNOT stair tread nosings provide safety to the edge of steps that become worn easily due to heavy foot traffic. Stair nosings or angles easily retrofit over existing treads or can be built into new stairways. Request a stair tread nosing sample today!
- Stair Nosing Thicknesses: 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”, or thicker
- Stair Nosing Width: 1-1/4” minimum
- Stair Nosing Depth: 1-1/4” minimum
- Stair Nosing Lengths: up to 10’ (6’ or less recommended)
- Custom sizes can be fabricated to meet job specifications
- Available SLIPNOT Surfaces: Steel, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum
- SLIPNOT Finishes: Mill, Painted, or Galvanized Steel
- Available in: Grade 1 (Fine), Grade 2 (Medium), or Grade 3 (Coarse – steel surface only)
- Installation Method: Welded, bolted (countersunk holes), or embedded using J-hooks or Nelson studs.
Stair Tread Nosing Construction Codes
Many stair tread nosing installations require compliance with strict construction codes. While it is important to check codes for your specific application, we have outlines common codes for you to review below. Read our full construction code article for more information.
- Stair tread nosing projection past vertical riser below (3/4″ to 1 1/2″) required on stairs with solid risers
- Tread nose projection uniformity (less than or equal to 3/8″ variation)
- Stair tread nosing curve radius (equal to or greater than 9/16″)
- The greatest stair tread nosing projection shall not exceed the smallest nosing projection by more than 3/8″ (9.5 mm) between two stories, including the nosing at the level of floors and landings